Friday, October 31, 2008

construction

Road construction around my house make commuting through Lehi even more frustrating. Though I was happy to see a backhoe tracker tearing out the concrete median that they had installed at the intersection about a year ago. The little median was installed to keep cars from either direction from hitting each other, or to define the turning lanes into Smiths and McDonald's. What the median actually did was let cars bottom out and get high-centered on it. The little yellow plastic signs they installed to keep people from driving up the medians lasted about a week each time. I drove past one snowy morning and saw a frustrated dude yelling on his cellphone inside a Honda civic that was now high-centered. That sucked.

Even though I knew the median was there, I still found myself creeping towards it after a long day at school, or coming home from work at night. It scared the crap out of me. I'm not sure what they are going to do with that intersection when they expand the road to a 5 lane highway, but I hope they don't reinstall those dangerous medians.

No comments: