Monday, October 27, 2008

chadder's (revisted)

I went with Kevin to Chadders. I feel like as much ground I have made in the past few months has been lost forever. The double patty goodness dripping in grease... oh man it was good. I still don't like their fries, but whatever. I resisted the urge to wash it all down with a chocolate milkshake.


We joked about the strange competitive eating contest videos we watched on the web. He saw a guy try and eat 16 quarter pounders with cheese. Over the summer me and nat watched the annual hotdog eating contest. We watched with strange curiosity the groaning faces of many competitors trying to gorge down hotdogs by the fist full. It got pretty disgusting. Was there a clear winner? Yes. But in the end I think everyone eventually lost.


Just last week a college student died while competing in a eating contest. I'm not sure what they were eating, but he collapsed, lost consciousness and died. What a way to go.


After we finished eating Kevin said "Man, I don't know if I feel any better after eating that." I had to agree with him.

No comments: