Monday, October 27, 2008

crazy lady

I got yelled at by some crazy lady at work today. She was insane- but I don't think it was entirely her problem.


There are people I work with that fudge the rules for our customers. They get intimidated or for whatever reason, don't follow company policy. When a person like me tries to enforce those policies, I'm the one who gets yelled at because of the inconsistencies. My supervisor has notoriously let people get away with crap. And now that the management is trying to reel in the situation, it doesn't help that we still have employees who break the rules.


Such was the situation with the insane lady. After telling her our policy she yelled at me, told me I was rude (was I?) and yelled at my manager. He basically told her what I had, and she left. I was surprised because our manager usually bends over backward if there's a problem with someone (which still makes me look bad). But not this time.


That same day another person came into our branch and started swearing at me. I think every time he comes in he expects us to do whatever he wants. Again, after following policy, I'm the one who gets yelled at. The guy left in a hurry, but he'll get over it.


I need a new job.

No comments: