Friday, October 31, 2008

body world


The Body World exhibit is up there in Salt Lake. While many people have said how they love the exhibit, and the beauty of the human body, I'm not interested.  I think it's kinda gross. I mean they were once living people, that now, through the process of plastination are posed and displayed for everyone. 

I'm sure anatomy students love it. My sister is certified whatever and she's been to exhibits like this down in Las Vegas.  We've never been able to look at the human body this way before, and it kinda freaks me out. 

I see the educational value. Viewing cancer, for example, gives a better look at visualizing what it does to the body. Seeing organs in this state can really help someone understand the functions of the body. The body is beautiful isn't it? 

I would be too concerned with the people themselves. Did they have pets? Mortgages? Drug problems? Family? What did they see and do? 

That's why I won't go. 

No comments: