Monday, October 27, 2008

the music

Music notes:

Before my old computer died, I managed to transfer some large chunks of audio over with various drum hits and samples. The tedious nature of cutting up huge files, fixing the volume level of the sample and then saving it was very time consuming. I didn't finish. I probably have 7 or 8 huge files to go through. Most of the samples range from weird electronic drum machine hits, to samples of hits from who knows where. While exploring through some old files, I came across some older samples... probably 5 years old. I'll add them to the huge sample collective that I've been growing for the past little bit.

Some of my folders had actual song ideas. I opened a few of them up last night and was surprised. Most were some pretty lame song attempts, and I can see why the ideas were discarded. Some weren't so bad. I may even try to finish a few of them. Who knows?

4 songs writen over the summer are still on an old hard drive. Its been so long since I actually listened to the files, that I have no idea what they sound like. There's a better version of "Trying Not to Look Back" and the others. I don't think that they are entirely finished.


I'm going to try a few things over the weekend, but will probably end up editing more sound files.

No comments: