Tuesday, January 22, 2008

snow

Snow. I don't mind the cold part.

We took it easy yesterday, for the holiday.

We braved the storm and made it to our dentist appointment. I didn't have any cavities, but they're going to replace a filling I've had that's been bugging me. Nat had a couple of cavities. I got a new toothbrush and was told not to brush so hard. It was my first visit to the dentist in 3 years. I'm a horrible person.

I ended up writing some more rough ideas for the weird book. I've drawn some more cartoons as well, but don't have the time to scan them in yet.

Got on the computer and tried to find some good music from the infinite expanse of cyberspace. I've decided to give R.E.M. another chance.

I've got a mountain of books to read this semester. I'm almost halfway three Holocaust books for one of my classes... I'll be honest, while the material is griping, I'm really getting sick of the Holocaust. I've never studied the subject in depth, but the blood and guts are making me sick. Unfortunately the semester has just started and I need to pass this class in order to graduate.

Still want to get around to making some cool music sometime. I've been putting it off for like 4 years, but still. I guess I've been over thinking it.

Want to go to some used book stores. I'd like to get some of those weird sci-fi novels from the 1960's that my dad used to read. Probably going to need some more bookshelves soon. Don't know when I'll ever find time to read them any time soon.

4 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Good blog. I'm so sad that I have to get two cavities filled. I hate the dentist more than anything especially when shots and drilling are involved.

You need to focus of school so be careful with all your music projects/book writings/sci fi books to read.

LOVE YOU!

Davy J said...

Yeah... I don't have time enough to breath anymore. I want to get some cool books for a summer reading schedule. we'll see.

Unknown said...

New music: Lavender Diamond. Check them out.

Davy J said...

I'll try them out. I've found that I'm obviously not part of the "in crowd" that discovers new music all the time. It usually takes me 2 or 3 years after the album comes out for me to take notice.