Wednesday, April 1, 2009

the update

Nottblock episode 2 is awesome.
(www.youtube.com/nottblock)

I'm at a good spot with all of my papers that I need to have finished soon. Sort of. Everything will be ok.

Some setbacks to the bass guitar project: The last coat of epoxy to the neck did not cure properly, and while it looked good I must have mixed in too much resin because it remained sticky to the touch (even after a week). so I'm going to sand it off and restart.
The paints used for the body are incompatible with each other... causing some funky reactions. I sprayed a layer of primer, and then a few coats of black, and then a coat of red. The red paint and the black did not like each other. The last coat finally dried, and now the body is red. It looks good. I'll need a different black to finish the thing. Then I'll clear coat it. Right now it's snowing again, and it will probably rain next week so I won't be able to paint for a long time. Humidity is bad. I'm frustrated with the neck issue, so I don't know when I'll finish this thing.

The weather has been up and down the last few weeks. It was getting warmer outside, so I started working on that Peugeot bike frame I found last fall. I stole some parts off of another bike and everything looks like it will work out. I just need the weather to get better.

I've been up late the past few nights. I haven't been sleeping that well. Last night I was up late making a history presentation for Nat's class...

1 comment:

Natalie Kay said...

And her class really appreciated it! :) You're the best!!!