Tuesday, April 14, 2009

finished

The final part I needed to fix the Peugeot bike frame came last week. I salvaged the frame from underneath a mountain of washing machines on the side of the road last year. Since then, I had stripped the frame down of non-essential parts, and cleaned it up a little. The freewheel I ordered fit and after measuring out the right length of bicycle chain, I took it for a spin this morning. Fast bike. I'm going to try and build my endurance for some of the summer bike tours I've been planning. The big one is:

Tour de Utah Lake. 95 miles of awesome. 

The entire ride has a few hundred feet of gain/loss, and the second half is relatively flat, following the east coast of the lake. I'm hoping to try this in June. 

2 comments:

kevone said...

im in... lets do it. i need to fix my bike a little. we can camp and tell scary stories.

Davy J said...

Yeah. It will be an awesome adventure.