Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bass Update #7

Bass Update #7

So I gave the neck another coat of epoxy. The second coat went on perfect, and there were little to no bubbles or marks along the entire fingerboard. I checked back this morning and saw two spots that will need some sanding- but it looks awesome. I just have to wait for the epoxy to cure after 72 hours.

So... I attempted to stain the body and made a mess. The yellow color of the bass body did not mix well with the dark stain. After trying a few things I eventually coated the thing, and it looked really good on the back side... but the front side did not look good at all. And then I accidentally spilled paint thinner all over it. So... I'm going to resand it, and then paint it a solid color.

I think that's all I'll be able to do for a long time. I'm putting this project on the shelf for a while.

No comments: