Monday, December 29, 2008

stupid update

My last semester at UVU starts next week. I'm excited, and dread the workload. I assume that most of my time will be spent in the library this semester... writing my senior thesis. The basis of my senior thesis revolves around the idea of new world mythology and Spanish expeditions in the Borderlands. Interesting stuff.

Economic hard times have finally started rumors around my work. It looks like the "executive management team" will examine every employee review this month and determine who is staying and who needs to leave. I'm sure the "executive management team" could save the company hundreds of thousands of dollars if they laid off those jerks that get paid to just play golf all year long. My measly wage is understandably insignificant to the bloated unjustifiable salaries that the management makes annually. What do I know? I don't play golf.

Meh. I've talked about this crap before. This was a stupid fluffy job that's become a bigger thorn in my side as time goes on. I'm graduating in the summer... I need to get out of this endless shift of misery (as I blog from work).

After talking with dan a long time ago- I've decided against a single-speed setup on the Peugeot commuter bike I've been working on. For more versatility I'm going to try a 3 speed internal hub setup. I hate derailleurs. I hate adjusting them, I think they are stupid. I want to try out an internal hub, which from my understanding is just as good, requires less maintenance, and lasts longer than the cassette style bicycle transmissions found on most bikes in the United States. So there. I'm going to do it.

Last night I got on the old stationary bike I swiped from my parents house. I'm not sure how accurate the odometer is... But it says that I rode for over 4 miles. The thing is so old... and the friction wheel starts to heat up after a couple of miles. I made an iPod mount for the handlebars so I don't die of complete boredom within seconds. Yes... nothing beats watching Japanese cartoons on a 1.5 inch screen while riding away in my office. I'm sure the noise from the bike bothers my wife and my dog... oh well. I'd like to get in better shape this year.

bleh.

1 comment:

Natalie Kay said...

The sound of my husband exercising never bothers me! :) Keep it up Babe!