Monday, November 5, 2007

TV

So the Writer's Guild of America went on strike today. Supposedly it'll effect television programs and dump endless hours of reruns on our heads. Night time talk shows are the first casualties, and in a month or two, if this strike doesn't resolve itself, most series shows will run out of new episodes. Tragic.

I'm not concerned. I needed a reason to wean myself away from television. I feel useless every time I slip into a TV coma. I need to get away from the tube and finish the 3 or 4 books I've been reading... cook something, build something, or finish some songs I've been thinking about for 3 years. Whatever.

6 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Cook me something good. I'm hungry!

JethRobyn said...

I agree with Natalie..I think you should cook us food :). Does this mean no more The Office? Cause pretty much that is the only thing I watch.

Davy J said...

There's enough pre-taped episodes to last for awhile. But if the strike goes on into next year... we might have a problem. Networks will cut seasons short and air other things.

Unknown said...

TV SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS


just so you know.

and yeah fully support walking away from the tube and getting things done. for freak sake.. i hate TV.. ive read like 6 books over the last few months.. I built a projector of pwn..

c'mon man.. write some songs read a book and cook me a danish..

Branden said...

The only TV I need is National Geographic in HD, Discovery in HD, and B.E.T. The 3 pillars of my life...

Davy J said...

Reading nerdy Dwelf books and FINALLY finishing something you've been talking about for years hardly deserves a danish.