Thursday, November 8, 2007

the pod

Albums in current rotation on the iPod:

1. Pink Floyd: "Animals"
2. Kula Shaker: "K"
3. The Killers: "Sam's Town"
4. George Harrison: "All Things Must Pass"

I've probably mentioned this before, but I was never really one of those 70's rock kind of people. I secretly ridiculed people who wore Floyd/Hendrix shirts to school, because their hippie father or older brother listened to that stoner crap. I was so convinced that synthesizer driven 80's music was the best thing in the universe, that it wasn't until later that I realized that I was listening to the same mundane electronic stuff over and over. What got me into older music was the riff driven guitarists of yore, and awesome percussion that you couldn't fake with a drum machine. I was also interested in the gear and vintage effects pedals that old guitarists used and modified during the early days of recording. Seems impossible that some of the greatest albums of all time were made on a 8 track mixer!

6 comments:

Mark Nott said...

That's funny, I hate(d) 80's music and love the 70's. Since then I've become a bit more tolerant, but still find it hard to stomach over synthesized crap. Interestingly, I've listened to a lot of Imogen Heap Lately.

Unknown said...

still dont like 70's music.. still love 80's

I like imogen as well..

and a special hate goes out to you santana.. im sick of your ever stagnating guitar sound..

Unknown said...

and for my next project..

http://www.josepino.com/circuits/index.php?howto-speaker.jpc

heh

Davy J said...

That is freaking awesome! Looks like a great project!

Davy J said...

I think I was able to understand 70's rock more because all of the 90's alternative bands I listened to used 70's rock as major influences. It just makes sense.

Daniel T said...

Sorry Garit. Not everyone can be as cool as P.O.D.