Tuesday, November 13, 2007

samurai

Much to the dismay of my wife, I rented "Seven Samurai" by Akira Kurosawa. Made in 1954, it is considered to be one of the greatest movies ever made. 3 hours of black and white, Japanese with English subtitled samurai awesomeness. Kurosawa's work inspired many other movies, many of which were Westerns. I haven't finished the movie yet, but I plan to follow up "Seven Samurai" with some of his other great samurai epics: "Kagemusha", "Ran", "Yojimbo" and "Sanjuro". Awesome.

Oh and I see that Garit finally tricked out his van. Kind of overkill, but I'm sure his science_man_jector would fit nicely inside:

2 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

NO MORE MOVIES!!! That was the worst hour of my life!

Unknown said...

Cool dude! I have been wanting to see that movie for years! bring the samurai movie over to my place and we will have a samurai marathon on the jector..

im sure nat wont mind..

my van rules.. paul walker's got nothing on my van of pwn