Monday, June 11, 2007

vacation 1

A report of our trip to California.

My wife and I drove down to California last week to visit Disneyland and go to the beach. It was my first real vacation since our honeymoon trip to Denver last year, and probably my first real vacation in 3 years. I thought the trip down would give my wife and I time to shoot the breeze and enjoy the ride. Along the way I made some careful observations:

1. Even while driving the speed limit I should slow down.
2. My wife points out every police car she sees and then looks at me like I'm a criminal. I tell her, "Just act casual dang-it!!!"
3. I saw like 15-20 people with blow outs... it made me question the structural integrity of my tires. Then I imagined one of our tires exploding and our car flipping like 7 times...
4. Gas is cheaper in Vegas.
5. Driving through the Mojave desert is really boring. It was lame until my wife dumped an entire bag of melty Reese's throughout the car (accidentally she says).
6. Gas is cheaper in Anaheim.
7. That stupid van with the roof rack is NOT going to beat me this time!
8. I am a wuss when it comes to hot weather.
9. Not having a bubble tea place where we live = total suckfest.

I'd say that the trip down and back was pretty uneventful. We stopped at some outlet malls and didn't really get anything. For as cool as outlet malls are, all the crap they sell is just the same as anything else. The same polo shirts, the same cargo pants. All that walking around just made me realize that I can get any of this crap online. For as lame as Vegas is sometimes, there are some cool things to see there. There's more to talk about, but I'll get to that later.

5 comments:

JethRobyn said...

Sounds like you had fun. I point out all the cop cars to Jethro too...I don't trust you boys as drivers ;) Let's play again soon. Jethro is mass producing art..well thats his idea, It's pretty cool. You should come check it out.

Natalie Kay said...

Thanks Robyn, I don't trust them either! Davy, Why do you make me sound like the crazy person? You were equally as crazy as me on this trip! :)

Daniel T said...

Dudes are the best drivers on the earth. The only advantage girls have is that they can cry to get out of tickets.

Davy J said...

if you can't push the limits, you will never know where they are.

Mark Nott said...

we've combined cop sightings into one word "copactcool"


I've wanted to try to cry my way out of a ticket, just to see what happens, I'm sure the cop would be all... and I'd be all, and he'd be all...