Saturday, June 16, 2007

bike update

Well yesterday I went and bought some cheapo tires and some tubes and went to fix my bike. I spent the better part of the afternoon removing the grime and gunk that had built up around the sprockets and derailleurs. The bike cleaned up really well and I didn't see any serious damage or wear considering how old the bike actually is. Getting the tires on was a complete girly struggle for me. I don't know if it was because I am a little sick, or just because I haven't repaired a tire in a long time, but it took me forever. I guess I'm just dumb. With the tires on, and the chain on a gear, I went up and down my street really easy, and the bike didn't make any crunching sounds or weird noises. The derailleurs need some serious adjustment, and the brakes need to be tightened. I'm still going to replace the handlebars to make it more of a touring/commuting bike monstrosity, but that will have to wait until later because I'm going to have to order the parts. I'll post a picture later.

8 comments:

Daniel T said...

My bike will literally eat your "Franken-huffy". a good old fashioned pwning.

Davy J said...

The only satisfaction is knowing that some kid died in a sweatshop making your bike. I hope you sleep well at night.

Daniel T said...

I'm guessing that kid's older brother died making yours....It just happened to be 15 years ago.

Unknown said...

ha

JethRobyn said...

I'm impressed Davy! Wait to go on fixing the bike.

Daniel T said...

did you just say "wait to go?" If so, were you trying to say "way to go" or was this some kind of inside joke?

JethRobyn said...

no, I said wait to go, i probably meant way to go, but I have about 2 seconds to leave messages before my bosses enter the room, so generally I type first, think later. so bite me.

Daniel T said...

Hooray for blogging on company time!