Friday, June 15, 2007

bike

My first bike was a huffy mountain bike that my mom ran over with her van. I'm sure I should have fixed it, but Nintendo was more important than exercise at the time. Yesterday I saw some guy riding a bike, you know, one of those racer guys with nothing better to do on a weekday than race around town like he's doping on steroids. I first thought that guy must have a sweet/no job to let him do that during the work day, and second, I wanted to be out there on a bicycle instead of wasting gas inside my car, stuck at a red light. Honestly. Why do I drive around anyway?

My brother just got a new bike and left behind a semi-usable bike for me to work on. After salvaging some bike parts from my parent's house, it looks like I've got a bike now. It just need some new tires, a little cleaning up, and then I have the ultimate two wheeled commuting machine. I don't see myself clutching a yellow jersey anytime soon, but I'd like to get back on two wheels. I'd theoretically like to ride to work, but it may be too hot to do that right now. I think after work I'll just hit the bike path up the road and ride to my parent's house and back. Thinking about riding around in heavy traffic makes me kinda nervous. But hey, I used to do that all the time when I lived in Puerto Rico. And I'm sure it surprised my wife last night when she went into the kitchen and saw a bike sitting there. I like working on bikes anyway, and piecing together a worthy road machine is great when the bike itself is free. That's initiative my friend. That's super power.

4 comments:

JethRobyn said...

You should ride that path that goes along the Jordan River behind the golf course. It's soooo beautiful. I think you would like it. I added a new blog to check out on my web site (Dem's Good Reading), called Design Llama, it has a lot of new artists stuff, and really weird random cool new things. It's pretty cool. It has links to other new artists as well.

Natalie Kay said...

Super power? You're funny Davy. You have to ask Lowy if I can ride her bike, and then we can have fun Sunday bike rides and stuff. Question: I know bike riding is good exerise but, does it just strenthen your leg muscles or will it help me drop a couple pant sizes???

Davy J said...

uhhh....

Daniel T said...

Tell us Davy! Will bike riding give us a lean, slender figure?