Thursday, August 31, 2006

nintendo junkie

While I'm still thinking about Nintendo...

I'm excited for the Wii system that Nintendo is going to release. I haven't really played a Nintendo system since N64, and to be honest I almost liked the GameCube. Playstation has really taken over the game console market and their games were just better in my opinion. It seemed that poor Nintendo just wasn't doing so well against Xbox, and PS2...

But the new Wii is looking very awesome. Not only will it come with a variety of new games, the console has an online service that lets you download games from previous Nintendo consoles, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx-16. The new Wii has WiFi connectivity and an Opera Browser to surf the internets, and wirelessly supports the Nintendo DS. The remote style controller connects to Wii via Bluetooth, and functions with the directional pad as well as physical movement. The controller has a small integrated speaker on it as well (to give it some depth.. I've heard). I've seen pictures of a Shotgun style Zapper too!

While I don't think the Wii system will be the best console out there a few years from now, I think that Nintendo will win back some of their old fans with some of the features that this system has to offer. I just want to play all of the older games all over again.

3 comments:

Daniel T said...

Started playing WoW yet?
Didn't think so noob!!!

Unknown said...

http://www.threadpit.com/store/product.php?productid=167&item=167¤tstyle=01¤tcolor=14&array%5Bstyle%5D=01&array%5Bcolor%5D=06&array%5Bsize%5D=3%3A+CHOOSE+A+SIZE+......

ah man! word verification.. lame!

Mark Nott said...

I'm so freaking pumped for this. I have never in my entire life ever been excited for a gaming console till I read about this a few months ago.
When it comes out, you and your wife can come over and play mario party as we shake the controllers looking like total freaks!
When does it come out anyway? I heard today that PS3 is delayed... stupid sony.