Wednesday, September 7, 2005

signs of life

Fish are like furniture. Fish just sit there in their tanks and swim around. Tanks can be big or small. If they had a castle or a plant or something they could go around or in between something like that. i don't know if fish really care for scenery, but they don't do much. When you have a fish for a pet it seems like they are always on the verge of dying. You can't feed them too much or they'll die. Don't move or shake the tank too much or it'll die. If the waiter's too hot or cold it'll die. Direct sunlight will kill it. Take it out of the water and the fish is dead meat. If you don't change the water it'll die. The fish you have right now is probably dying of fish SARS or something. There are so many ways to kill a fish which makes them easier to kill than a plant. Every time I look at the tank I expect my fish to be dead, but my fish has the tendency to float near the top of the water when it wants food. I have to shake the bowl to check for vital life signs. If I lived off of food flakes or pellets I would pretend to die everyday too.

Some fish never die. No matter how often you forget to feed them, they continue to live in their murky green sewage water. Looking at the tank becomes a chore, because it is a reminder of the inevitable fish homicide you are committing. How does that make you feel as a person? That dirty filth with the dying fish is a visible symbol of yourself. The outcome doesn't look too good.

I think I'll stick with a Tamagotchi.

4 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Please do not kill my fish. I love that fish very much- it's the prettiest blue fish I have ever seen. You be careful! And for heaven sakes... CLEAN THE WATER!!!

Davy J said...

i always clean the water.. i think the fish likes me more than YOU!!

viperbux said...

I secretly put vinegar in the fish bowl every Saturday at 7PM... just to see what would happen.

So far nothing... I'll keep you posted.

Unknown said...

Fish SARS .. oh gosh.. thats awesome.