Sunday, November 15, 2009

sunday doodles


Here's a couple of drawings while I was sitting around at church. I now have a small pile of tiny landscapes... mobs of townsfolk... people... and other things. The guy holding the flag is my favorite.

Which reminds me, I have an idea for a real art thing. Not a internet web thing, but a real, hold it in your hands kind of art thing. I'm not going to divulge any information until I can figure it out, but rest assured, it is something that I've been working on for a long time.

I cooked some eggs, bacon, and potatoes for dinner tonight. Remember that pie I baked? It surprisingly turned out ok. It was not your typical apple sugary cinnamon mess. It was a combination and mixture of complex flavor from the apples themselves. Was I proud? Probably. I think I'm going to eat a piece right now.

I think I want a record player now. I didn't before, but now I do. To listen to old music, and to appreciate the dead art form of album covers.

4 comments:

Daniel T said...

vinyl lives!

Davy J said...

it does.

Unknown said...

ugh.. why@??!?

Davy J said...

I had to change my comment.

Garit you're right. Digital audio and it's technological fidelity outmatches analog and has redefined the way humans listen to recorded sound.

I had already posted a comment about how wrong you were (I even swore), but then I realized how hypocritcal I was. I actually have little to base my my opinion on becuase I listen to mp3's on my iPod. 1's and 0's. Ninety-nine percent of all of the music I've listened to in the past ten years is either from a CD or a poorly encoded mp3.

I think this has more to do with the lost art of Album covers than recorded sound. If I become a hipster douchebag in the process, I apologize right now.