Wednesday, February 4, 2009

uuuuuhhh

I got in my cold vehicle this morning... and drove down to a friend's house. They just had a child and asked nat (who then asked me) to feed their dog and make sure everything was ok. I was a little early getting out this morning so I unlocked the door and went inside the kitchen.

I must have spooked the little daschund, because he didn't want to come out of his bed when I opened the gate. I looked over my shoulder for the leash on the table and then he made a break for it. I thought.. well, this could get interesting.

There I was. In an infinite standoff between me and the dog. He barked at me. I tried inching closer and closer... you know stuff they teach you on tv so you don't scare a frightened animal. I didn't want to just jump over and grab him.. cause he'd bite me or something.

So after a few laps around the couch, he ran upstairs and just sat there looking at me. My expert skills in stealth and animal deception didn't fail me as I soon managed to grab his collar and attach the leash.

I guess it worked out.

No comments: