Wednesday, January 14, 2009

bleh

News Story from Utah:

Local idiot shattered a toilet when his gun fell out of its holster while he pulled up his pants after using the bathroom at a Carl's Jr. restaurant. The gun fired when it hit the floor, shattering the toilet. I wonder what went through his mind at that moment.

Too many people have guns. There. I've said it. I'm all for shooting stuff and blowing things up, but come on. Even though he had a concealed weapons permit (everyone in the state seems to have one), it just makes me wonder why he was careless enough to let his gun drop. I'm sure his hands were greasy from his delicious... sweet... Six Dollar Double Western Bacon Burger (with extra cheese.. I'm so hungry I could die). Who knows.

Too many people watch old Chuck Norris movies and think that they'll become the next hero if a situation should arise. Supermarket war zones. Library standoffs. Instead of heroes you get bumbling idiots leaving their guns all over the place and dropping them in public restrooms. Accessibility to guns... I think is an issue about proper firearm education. Another problem is people jumping on the bandwagon because so and so has a concealed weapons permit.. so I gotta get one... I gotta feel safe because everyone else has a weapon... I'm a victim if I don't protect myself with a gun... blah blah blah.

I don't know. I think I'd rather learn Karate. And shut up, I know ninja skills won't stop bullets aimed at your face. But you'll probably end up shooting yourself on accident anyways. You can buy a gun, but don't be an idiot.

bleh.

8 comments:

Mark Nott said...

There are a lot of things idiots shouldn't be allowed to do. Drive, talk, or work in customer service. It's not about guns, it's about idiots.

Mike and Noel said...

maybe gabby can teach you karate.

Caleb said...

Next time a guy with a concealed carry permit helps someone or defends themselves blog about that -- you know credibility.

Davy J said...

That's the problem. There's false security that comes with a concealed weapons permit. When it really comes down to it, will that person know what they're doing? Sure they took a class, and shot a few rounds at a firing range- does that really give them the ability to shoot a threat? No. Half the grandmas in my mom's ward are packing heat, but if some thing happened I have a hard time believing that they would actually have the nerve to pull the trigger.

Yes, there are many circumstances where a firearm was properly used in self defense by a responsible educated adult but seriously... flooding the earth with deadly weapons is not the answer. There are too many guns. How do you limit the idiot's accessability to guns then? That's a difficult question. I don't want to be in a Carl's Jr. restroom to find out.

Caleb said...

Ah the sweet sound of Utopian yearning.

Davy J said...

well... isn't that what everyone in the world, utah especially, wants? What purpose does a gun have during the 1000 years of peace? a paper weight? back scratcher?

Caleb said...

oranges and apples

Divine Intervention and Human Frailty

Davy J said...

So one day I'll wake up and dig a pit in the backyard and bury my weapons of war.

But won't I miss the sweet smell of gun powder? Is that the miracle? Hmm.