Saturday, October 27, 2007

huh?!

Since moving to our new place we've received some mail from people that lived here before us... its usually junk mail, a catalog or something..

The other night I got our mail and there was a package key sitting in our box, you know, the kind for smallish packages or whatever. I didn't order anything so I thought it must be a book order or something Nat got. What we saw boggled our little minds...

The package was flat, like someone was sending a photo or something.. but the return address was interesting. It read the "National Guild of Hypnotists" or something like that. I said, "What the crap is this?!" So my wife opened it. Apparently whoever lived here before us had joined a guild of fellow hypnotists and enclosed was a big elaborate gold-embossed certificate of super hypnotism. Weird. Also included were various magazines and newsletters that talked about why being a hypnotist was cool.

I don't really know what to say.

6 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Uh oh. You're not supposed to tell everyone I opened it. It's a felony or something.

Mark Nott said...

I say post it online, I wanna photoshop my name on the certificate and print it out. Ain't no one messin with me - I'll hypnotize you foo

Unknown said...

I was hoping for something like

The guild of death. or
The guild of Leprechaun Protection.
The guild of Dolphin slaughter. Would have been good also.

Unknown said...

I thought of a few more:

The utah county guild of thieves.

Fight club

A league of extraordinary hot-pants makers.

L.A.S.E.R

The truth is out there. UFO Cult

American Gladiators Reunited!

or PETA..
what i wouldn't do to somehow abuse a PETA membership... think of the possibilities.

Unknown said...

wow...that would be an awesome hobby... almost like making chain mail lingerie. (flashback to New Years Eve 2004, Lord of the Rings trading cars, and nerds making chain mail bras....*shudder*)

Branden said...

Wow, I haven't recieved my gold-embossed certificate of super hypnotism yet... I wonder what the hold-up is.

P.S. I started blogging again, feel free to read.