Thursday, August 30, 2007

pasta

Angel Hair Pasta with Pesto

Leaves from 2 bunches fresh basil
2 tablespoons pine nuts (untoasted)
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound angel hair pasta

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil in a blender and blend to a puree. Add the cheese, salt and pepper, and blend again.
Cook the pasta in the boiling, salted water until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the pesto and toss. Taste for salt and pepper, and add a drizzle of oil, if you like.

Sometimes I wish there was a secret hidden pasta buffet that only I knew about.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Davy, I miss you, you are so great! I know you don't miss me and that is okay, I just wanted you to know ;)

Davy J said...

Hmmm... this post is about pasta. Keep your comments about your love for pasta only please.

Unknown said...

If you know about a secret pasta buffet you better not hold out on me! I really like the pasta at carrabas. To me its the best you can get around here.

Natalie Kay said...

Let's eat at Brick Oven on Monday!!!