Wednesday, November 15, 2006

wet

I'm asleep. It was really early in the morning and I hear that Natalie got up to get a drink. No big deal, and in my comatose state I really couldn't tell if she were a robber, a robot, or what. I was really tired. I'm asleep and I turn over and then I feel something. I was like... "Hmmm... hey... what's that?" I swear I've felt that feeling before... Then I was like... "Hey... that feels like something sharp... no.. wait... its something... really... COLD!!"

My thoughts went back to a time when I was camping up in the Sawtooth mountains in Idaho. We had pitched a camp around 10000 ft. and there was still a lot of snow up there considering it was summer. My tent was really cold that night and as I got into my sleeping bag I pushed my feet down to the bottom of the sleeping bag. It really felt like I was dipping my feet into a frozen lake of death because the bottom half of the bag was wet. I was cold and miserable the entire night.

As I sat there in bed and realized what was happening I turned around and felt the bed... cold and wet. Apparently Natalie had gone to get some water to drink and then she brought the cup with her in bed and promptly fell asleep! She turned over and dumped the whole cup of ice water down my back leaving a small lake of water where I should have been sleeping!

"Hey!! There's water here!!!"

"What? Huh? Oh.... sorry."

"There a puddle of water in the bed!!!!"

I'm still mad. I don't think I'll ever let this one down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. my laugh echoed through my office as I read this.. gosh.. oh gosh.. holy crap thats funny.. haha