Thursday, November 9, 2006

vote


I voted. Yes.. I voted during this Midterm Election, not because I wanted to, but because my wife made me. It was a sad election for the GOP, and the Democrats have taken control of both houses of Congress. Republican's are kicking themselves now...

Those electronic voting machines aren't as bad as the media makes them out to be. I'm sure it'll take a few elections before they work out all the bugs or until a virus totally destroys voting results. I can't really see how someone would be able to tamper with election results, but hey- that's always been part of Democracy. I put my wife's name as a write in candidate six times because most of the local elections had no opposition. That's pure Democracy in action right there.

I'm a registered red Republican, and that's why I wasn't surpised by the outcome of the election that much. The Demos have their cake- let them eat it. I'm actually glad that there was a big ol' change over there in Washington D.C. The icing on the cake was Rumsfeld's resignation as Secretary of Defense. Wham! It makes me laugh that insurgent groups in Iraq claim that they made Rumsfeld resign... ??? Did they vote too? Bad people that vote? That's an Axis of Evil.

I glad there's change. But I'm sick of seeing Nancy what's her face on the Tv all the time.

4 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Hey baby! Great blog. I hate Nancy's face too... that's the WORST part of the Democrats winning control. The BEST part is watching really funny sketches on the Colbert Report!

Unknown said...

Hey the blog looks nice but... eh.. what’s with the picture of the candles..

Anyway.. yeah voting and stuff.. I'll tell you the truth.. I hate politics. I hate it because the more I learn about what’s going on the more bothered and upset I get. And I admit I really should get more involved and learn what is what and who to vote for but it takes to much time and effort and in the end I feel like it’s a hopeless situation anyway. So.. I’d rather just turn my back to it completely and not waste my time. Am I wrong?

Davy J said...

ehh... you didn't miss out on anything important.

Unknown said...

I am a terrible citizen.