Sunday, April 30, 2006

music ideas

I don't like to sleep in anymore. I feel like my day is practically wasted if I don't wake up by 9 every morning. I don't see the point of sleeping for 13 hours if I can get by on just 5 or 6. I guess I just grew out of sleeping all day sometime a while ago. My girlfriend loves to sleep in and it doesn't bother me too much, but with the proper initiative you could actually accomplish something before 12 p.m. on a Saturday. Hmm... Imagine that.

I'm planning a new music endeavor this summer. I haven't started or finished anything musical in almost two years. I don't know why I feel the itch to do it again. I was talking to a friend of mine and we got to talking about some of the music ideas we had a few years back. This was probably inspired from the lack of interesting music in the local scene and the possibility of playing live again in a new local venue. Being financially able to do it this time, I want to be able to start a new music project that is different from anything I've ever done before. I've lost interest in other types of music and my general distaste for the radio and the emo/indie teenie bopper scene. This time I want to go back to my electronic music roots and make some noise. I'm really excited this time.

so I've started the slode project. Updates will be posted at:
  • www.myspace.com/slode
  • when I figure out what I'm doing in the coming weeks. This is going to be very unorthodox. I'm planning on some unique recording and performance methods for this project. I think it will at least get a new sound out in the local scene. By the end of the summer I'll have a new disc of recordings, and I've planned some shows in the fall.

    along with my projects, I'm helping my friend with a disc of his songs. His new project is called the indecision and updates can be found at:
  • www.myspace.com/theindecision
  • I think he's written some great music. I hate myspace but everyone has an account these days, and it takes two seconds to set up and get the music out. If anyone actually reads this they can follow these links or the links to the right and get the information.

    more will come, and I'll post more later.

    No comments: