Saturday, April 29, 2006

read books

I haven't written anything in a long time. I guess I just never got around to it. Maybe I was too busy trying so hard not to do anything. There you go. I hit the nail on the head.

I went to the local bookstore tonight. I like to walk around and look at people and read books for fun. The cafe/coffee place was crowded tonight, and since I don't like coffee I didn't try to sit down over there. Today I wasn't so interested in the people as much as I was in what kind of stuff everyone likes to read these days. I guess they finally decided to rearrange the best seller shelves, much to my amusement. There are a few titles that I looked for but couldn't find. Asking for help is asking too much. I'll go somewhere else next time.

oh, and if you haven't read "The Da Vinci code" go hang yourself or consider yourself a lucky person. I guess predictable fiction is the popular thing these days. In my opinion Brown's earlier novel "Angels and Demons" was better, more interesting, and not as predictable... I guess since the movie comes out next month, Brown's publishers are squeezing the life out of anyone that hasn't read the stupid thing yet.

magazines are all the same. All of the music mags have bands that I've never heard of on the covers. Everyone of them is too "emo" or "indie" for my taste. i'll just stick to downloading mp3's of obscure 90's alternative thank you very much. I'm so out of touch with the youth of today. I could care less.

by the end of the night I just came home and put on a beatles record. I like simple music. All of it calms me down and keeps my mind off of anything that causes stress. I guess I'm just tired.

No comments: