Wednesday, May 6, 2009

paint

I've finished two painting in the spirit of Piet Mondrian. I admire his use of lines and geometric shapes to convey emotion. His later work focused on lines and the way they intersected the canvas, and while I'm no art expert, I'd like to think that that relationship can be emulated. 

My two paintings ignore the lines alltogether, and focus on the shapes themselves, seperated by space. I used the same bold primary colors, though now that I think about it, I could have used any color. So I painted a couple of pictures because I have some leftover canvas lying around, and Nat bought me some paints. 

Hopefully it turns out ok. 

This painting was recently sold at Sotheby's for $9.2 million. 

2 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I want to see your painting

Mike and Noel said...

so what emotions do your shapes mean?