Wednesday, September 24, 2008

quick post

I was thinking of this when I drove to work this morning. I had to get gas and I had to keep checking my mirrors for something. Some of my worst fears:

1. Driving away from the gas station with the hose or nozzle still attached and/or the gas tank door open. I can never remember if I actually put the cap on and shut the tank door properly. I've gone so far as to get out and check. I even think that I sometimes still have the hose connected, and that gas is probably spraying all over the Chevron.

2. Dropping my keys down a storm drain. I instinctively reach into my pockets to protect my keys every time I walk around or over a storm drain. What would I do if it actually happened?! Would I have to jump down in the muck and find them myself? That would be a nightmare.

3. Being accused of Shoplifting*. I always get nervous looking at those small black security cameras at Walmart or any store and I keep thinking, "They're watching me... They're watching me..." When I leave a store I always picture the alarms going off, and a sweaty bald man grabbing my arm telling me that he knows what I did. For some odd reason I get the same feeling from Librarians.



*Note: I don't steal.

3 comments:

Mike and Noel said...

nathan drove off once with the hose still in the car...it was funny. my mom was pissed.

Natalie Kay said...

I didn't know that Nathan did that. Funny!

I'm so glad my husband doesn't shoplift!

Unknown said...

ive seen him still children's books from the library though..