Saturday, December 23, 2006

new year

New year.

One of my resolutions for 2007 is to make another CD. I think its been 2 years since I've made a serious effort to start and finish something. I was hoping to put out a CD of electronic music last fall, but getting married, home, work and school pretty much stopped that from happening. I managed to make some remix attempts of some songs that my friend Dan made- but anything original hasn't really happened in a long time. So this year is it.

Why haven't I made anything? Aside from the 30 second songs I make up to belittle my siblings and wife, I haven't had any interest in making a CD again. There's a serious amount of effort and commitment involved to make a great project a reality. I didn't really have the equipment either- (Where did my mixer go?? BRANDEN!!) and I'd honestly much rather contribute to a project that was almost finished anyway.

The moral of the story is that I was lazy or busy. Or both.

New music, new songs in 2007.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah it has been a while since you've done some serious music stuff.. I would welcome anything you come up with! Can't wait!

Natalie Kay said...

I'll believe it when I see it....

is this slode or whitehairboy stuff, or is this NEW stuff?

Daniel T said...

Hey Davy, I'm starting a lazy songwriter's club. would you like to join?.......Yeah right, like I'd have the gumption to start a club.