Wednesday, November 2, 2005

this just in

Sometimes I think that people don't realize how stupid they look on television. Everything you see that reporter on location at the scene of an accident or a sporting event, there is always that dufus in the background flashing gang signs or making a strange face. Some people believe that when you turn a video camera on it makes someone a different ugly person. I don't know why.

I think that the most blatant misuse of televised stupidity comes from talk shows and The Price is Right. I don't know if comparing Jerry Springer to Bob Barker is even possible, but the people they deal with would qualify them as referees of a different drum. If winning a car means you can run around a sound stage screaming and waving your arms, be my guest. If your man is sleeping with other men to get money for drugs, you can hit him with a chair. Its ok. Television lets you do this. There is an overwhelming desire to see this type of behavior on television. The Nielson ratings prove this. I don't condone this behavior, but it's fun to watch.

the next time I'm on TV I'm going to lift up my shirt and make ugly faces. Because I can.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thought you might think this is cool.

http://www.seb.cc/spacializer/

(side note)

I want to be on reality TV so bad.. So that I can make fun of everyone.

Davy J said...

i think i ran across that yesterday. i like it. that stumble around program is pretty cool.

Unknown said...

http://turbulence.org/spotlight/thinking/chess.html

i bet you cant win

viperbux said...

Cottage cheese is yuckie.