Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ukulele

I got a ukulele.

Why? You ask? I don't know.

I felt threatened by Branden's growing prowess with ethnic instruments, and I knew that a ukulele would upset the balance. Ukulele vs. Mandolin. The epic battle goes on.

Coming from a guitar background, I figured it wouldn't be that different to learn... but the chords are all weird than what I'm used to. The tuning is strange. And (this isn't necessarily a downside) it sounds... like a ukulele. Its all good though, "Stairway to Heaven" was never easier. And I'm sure it will come in handy for a recording or a Muppet remix of one of Dan's songs.

no one is safe.

2 comments:

Branden said...

I thought I felt the universe balance itself out the other day.. this explains it.

JethRobyn said...

sweet, you should play at Garit's wedding tomorrow. Which by the way, Jethro will bring you the "mixer tomorrow there. If we remember.