Tuesday, May 20, 2008

hmmm

On the drive home from work yesterday, something funny happened. I was coming up the hill, and was probably daydreaming or pushing buttons on the radio. I looked up and saw something in the road, and tried to figure out what it was before I hit it. Was it a brick? A road cone? As I got closer I swerved to the left and avoided a lost red plastic gas canister. Looking back in my rear view mirror, a PT Cruiser that was following me decided he had enough clearance to drive over the red gas jug. HA! The jug soon went under the car, and in the mirror I could see that it was indeed stuck under the vehicle and he was now dragging it down the highway. Though I envisioned the red gas can would eventually explode and engulf the purple PT Cruiser in flames- it did not. The guy pulled over and probably crawled under his car and grabbed the gas jug.

There was a short episode of "Pete and Pete" on Nickelodeon that had the older Pete working a summer job by cutting grass on the highway with a push mower. The heat was getting to him and he began to hallucinate. He eventually tried to explode cars with the power of his mind, admitting that it "only worked once". I wish I had mind powers.

5 comments:

Mark Nott said...

It's funny mostly because there was a PT Cruiser involved

Davy J said...

True. I honestly laughed out loud when I saw that guy hit it. I even rolled down my windows a bit to see if I could hear an audible scraping sound...

Natalie Kay said...

That was a random posting.

Unknown said...

awesome.. thats hilarious. lame pt crusiers...

I want mind powers too dang it.

Daniel T said...

I give this post 5 Stars for a Pete and Pete reference.